Streamline Accounts Payable with DocLink by Altec.
DocLink brings greater financial control of managing payables processing from receipt of vendor invoices to voucher entry. Whether you are using Acumatica or Dynamics GP, DocLink users can match purchase orders, receivers and vendor invoices directly from the desktop for quick reconciliation and resolution. Users are also able to electronically view the invoice and supporting document from their desktops, streamlining paper matching processes.
Companies experience a significant productivity increase with their AP processing as the clerical and paper-intensive tasks are eliminated. With DocLink, users can:
- Get invoices and purchase orders to authorizers’ desktops without mailing, faxing, copying or manually moving documents.
- Electronically “rubber stamp” invoices and purchase order approvals.
- Email or fax documents requiring resolution directly from the desktop to suppliers and purchasing managers.
- Easily track all invoices currently in the authorization and resolution process.
- Drill down from the accounts payable screens to view invoices, purchase orders, checks and delivery receipts.
Accounts Payable Management – 6 Easy Processing Steps
- Receive supplier invoices
Receive AP invoices from suppliers or remote offices by email, fax, electronic file transfer or mail. All mailed invoices are scanned.
- Assign to AP processor queue
All captured supplier invoices are electronically distributed or assigned to an AP individual’s processor queue. Invoices can be pre-indexed for easy retrieval during the approval process.
- Electronically authorize invoices
Through workflow, supplier invoices can be sent to a manager’s desktop electronically for approval. The authorization process is configured to resemble a company’s paper process. Approvers “electronically stamp” the invoice with the appropriate action (i.e. Approved, Disapproved, etc). The approval stamp is a permanent notation applied directly on the invoice image providing an unalterable audit. Once authorized, the invoices are sent electronically through workflow to the appropriate processing queue in AP.
- Enter supplier invoices
Each accounts payable clerk receives authorized invoices electronically from managers. A side-by-side view of the invoice entry screen and the invoice image enables AP clerks to easily and quickly enter invoices. Users can also review all supporting documents such as purchase order, receiver, etc. from the invoice entry screen.
- Automatically index and electronically file entered invoices
Once the invoice is entered into the system, the invoice image is automatically indexed with the invoice data and can be retrieved using any of the index values, eliminating the need to file multiple copies (i.e. by supplier, date, account or project).
- Review invoices for payment from the desktop
Payment is easier and faster with DocLink. The check signer or authorizer can review invoices and the corresponding EFT or check. When the payments are approved, DocLink automatically captures the remittance advice or check and stores it in DocLink. At the same time, the invoices are automatically indexed with the appropriate payment information (number and date).